Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stefanie's cautionary observation and a tidbit

I saw Joseph, my ASL professor, at the cafe yesterday. I was supposed to join in with my friends in the other section but I joined him and chitchatted (basic ASL and PnP) with him for half an hour. When Joseph left for his class, I left for the other section to meet my friends who were still eating and chitchatted. After a few minutes, there was a out of the blue moment for me when my best friend, Stefanie had an up-front talk with me about the Deaf blogs she reads from DeafRead. As a best friend could, she was concerned about my desultory decision of getting involved in a Deaf community. Her cautionary observation had impact on me. I had a lot of thoughts about my decision.

Oh. Please check out my old post. I'd love to know more why so many hearing men aren't interested in learning ASL.

It's U.S. Open fever time. Andre Agassi, tennis superstar, won the first round! 3-1 against Andrei Pavel from Romania. By the way, I'm a tennis player and fan.

No comments: