The Hell Weeks of College Life
Given my frantic schedule, this evening was an exceptional free night. I actually had a little time yesterday and I used the only time I had to comment on DeafDC blog which caught my attention with some unapt comments a few anti-Gallaudet protest people made. Naturally, I grabbed the opporunity by weblogging to summarize what happened the past two weeks.
[1] The day after I published a post, I was surrounded by a few friends of mine [Kappa sisters and cheerleaders] to entreat me to substitute for one of three expulsed cheerleaders who got involved in the fire incident. They asked me inasmuch as I joined the cheerleading team for the football games in my freshman year for fun. Because of my freshman year of cheerleading, they hadn't to worry about much about the lack of practice since then. But I had to go over with them on the routines forasmuch as the routines almost never had to be the same every year. It devoured all of the free times I had. I had to cancel the ASL labs [I felt awful about it] and hadn't the time to reply many emails [I felt awful about that too]. Thus my inactivity in my weblog. The NCAA level cheerleading is notably laborious, energy and mentally-demanding. Believe me, it is. Seven games to go plus the Bowl game. (Sigh.) Dear AD readers, I plan to publish a thread. Tonight or tomorrow.
[2] A few days ago, my ASL tutor and Deaf friend, Chris, and I are teaming up to arrange a formal petition to request the Department of Education to change the classification of ASL. Some readers may be aware that at my university, ASL was classified under the "Speech and Hearing Sciences" section. We both wanted to reclassified ASL under the "Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures" section if they refused to consider our first suggestion: "American Sign Language" section. My ASL professor, Joseph, will help us out with specific argumentation on the classification of ASL. Right now, it's on hold until my cheerleading activity is over.
[3] Chris and I also teamed up to establish our first ASL Awareness Week at our university. Fund-raising effort underway for the activities.
[4] Two Mondays ago, I got a bad flu. Owing to social life, activities and homeworks plus cheerleadering, I suffered erratic sleep hours for a few weeks. The bad flu subsequently led to high fever, 38.8 °C [102 °F]. I missed some classes. I showed up when I could bear with the high fever, especially during afternoons and evenings. Even dragged by the high fever and flu, I had to show up at the field and gym for cheerleading routines too. Ugh!
[5] I got two notifications from my professors that my grades are falling behind. Given the 21 units and my frantic schedule, I wasn't surprised. I had to give up some of my social life but for only a semester to pull the grades up!
[6] Lastly, but not leastly, seven Kappa sisters and I [barely joined them] had been formulating our newfangled theory, the "Cinderella theory". They acquired a considerable sum of grant to do some researches. They needed a student with sociological background and experience. And they found me. One day, I'll commit one or two posts on expounding the "Cinderella theory". Another time-consuming activity.
Email subject - what I did with many emails, I'm replying them per se "first come, first serve". Yesterday, before I logged in my gmail account, it was 54 emails. None of them are spams. After last night, it's now 36 emails. I'm terribly sorry about not being able to reply them as my schedule didn't give me enough time to reply all at once some time ago. I felt bad, no, I felt awful about it. Luv you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment