Friday, October 13, 2006

A prominent political science professor gives a lecture

I'm under considerable stress thus I want to keep it light. I don't know whether or not you'd care about this post but this Sunday, a prominent political science professor at my university is planning to give an hour and a half lecture about the Gallaudet protests. His pseudonym is Nicholas. The political science professor is renowned for two things: [1] Nicholas gave a meritorious lecture, "Non-communal Capitalism is the End of the Democracy", last spring where 4,300 attendees showed up to hear him out. That's a liberal estimate. I missed his lecture due to the tennis game I had to play. [2] He is reputable for his Hollywoodish looks, men would be in envy of and women would melt their hearts over. I've heard that half of the women took his classes for his appearance alone. Aside from that, he is a CODA [I just learned about "CODA", Children of Deaf Adults from Chris] as far I know, his parents hadn't attend or graduated from Gallaudet.

Anyway, the word around is that there'll be about from 2,000 to 4,000 attendees. Roughly all of them are hearing. There was a planned lecture last Sunday but it was cancelled owing to the crowded room which led it to being shut down by the university security to adhere to the fire safety policies. They relocated the location of the lecture to the amphitheater. Last week, the flyers were distributed at my university and I liked the last part of the announcement that was published on the flyer: "Anti-protest is a dynamism of the un-American" [I think I got it right]. By the way, the title of the flyer is "Freedom from Incompetence on Wet Green".

I'll be there with Chris, my Deaf friend and ASL tutor, and my ASL professor, Joseph. Joseph was invited as a special guest by Nicholas to be there to correct any mistakes he may make in his lecture. For privacy reason, I can't disclose Nicholas's real name where once his name is revealed, some people would be bound to find my dwelling. Given the Facebook's disastrous incident, I couldn't afford another fear-stricken occurrence. But of course, I'll publish a summary of his lecture afterward.

While on the subject, I printed Allison Kaftan's elucidated post and passed down to Nicholas when I met him in his office to make an appointment. I wanted to consult with him to inquire about my political views so it was the perfect time for me to pass Allison's post over to him and urge him gently to read it.

2 comments:

Teej said...

Your mind is so incredibly sexy. :-) Keep up the good work.

Jean said...

Ha ha. Thank you. =P